- Jeff Pinsker Named President of Klutz® and VP, Scholastic Inc.
- Storia, the eReading App for Kids Created by Scholastic, to Offer Titles from Albert Whitman & Company
- Olympic Gold Medalist and American Soccer Star Alex Morgan to Publish Debut Middle-Grade Series With Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
- Macmillan and 21st Century Launch Joint Children's Publishing Venture in China, Macmillan Century Consulting & Service Company Ltd
- Scholastic Launches Harry Potter Reading Club, an Online Resource for Teachers, Librarians, and Parents
Niall Leonard, E.L. James' Husband, Lands US Book Deal
July 13, 2012
Niall Leonard, UK television writer and husband of 50 Shades of Grey author E.L. James, has signed a deal with Delacorte Press, an imprint at Random House, for his YA thriller trilogy.
Book one, Crusher, will be published on September 11th. In his native country, Leonard's book will be published by the UK arm of Random House Children’s Publishing. Reportedly, Leonard penned his manuscript during National Novel Writing Month.