- Jeff Pinsker Named President of Klutz® and VP, Scholastic Inc.
- Storia, the eReading App for Kids Created by Scholastic, to Offer Titles from Albert Whitman & Company
- Olympic Gold Medalist and American Soccer Star Alex Morgan to Publish Debut Middle-Grade Series With Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
- Macmillan and 21st Century Launch Joint Children's Publishing Venture in China, Macmillan Century Consulting & Service Company Ltd
- Scholastic Launches Harry Potter Reading Club, an Online Resource for Teachers, Librarians, and Parents
Macmillan and 21st Century Launch Joint Children's Publishing Venture in China, Macmillan Century Consulting & Service Company Ltd
August 21, 2012
The new company will acquire, develop, introduce, and promote children's titles sourced from Macmillan's publishing companies and imprints around the world.
"The company will be led by Zhang Quilin, the president of 21st Century Publishing House Co., and Charlotte Liu, the Macmillan Group's managing director for Greater China. Included in Macmillan Century's list will be titles by authors Emily Gravett and William Steig, as well as titles such as Dear Zoo. The first titles were soft-launched earlier this year."