- Latinas for Latino Literature Launches the Latino Children's Summer Reading Program
- Too Much Focus on Gender for YA Book Covers?
- This Week on Girls Scoutsí The Studio: Laura Golden
- Victoria Law Endorses Two Anthologies in the "Girls of Color in Dystopia" Blog Series
- Gayle Forman Has Penned Just One Year
Cassandra Clare Offers a 'Clockwork Princess' Teaser
July 17, 2012
At a group author reading event, 2012 Children's Choice Book Awards "Teen Book of the Year" winner Cassandra Clare offered a teaser to the last title in her Infernal Devices trilogy.
The prologue of Clockwork Princess, which Clare unveiled at an event held at Oblong Books and Music, in Rhinebeck, N.Y. on Sunday, recounts the first meeting between protagonists Will Herondale and James "Jem" Carstairs. The YA novel will be released on March 19, 2013. The first printing has been set at one million copies.
"On July 10, Clare's publisher posted a partially obscured version of the cover to Clockwork Princess on the website for the series. To see the full cover, you, and, as it turned out, about 30,000 of your closest friends, needed to tweet something, along with the hashtag #ClockworkPrincess. For each tweet, a bit of the veil obscuring the cover was removed. Two hours and about 30,000 tweets later, the full cover was revealed, #ClockworkPrincess was a worldwide Twitter trending topic, and fans of the series were already critiquing what the cover does -- and doesn't -- show."