- A Children's Choice Book Awards Photo Essay
- New York Times Bestselling Author Jenny Han to Release New Teen Novel to All the Boys I've Loved Before with Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers in Spring 2014
- It's Never to Late to Become a Children's Book Week Champion
- Tom Angleberger & Cece Bell Collaborate on a Picture Book Project
- Diversity in the News: May 9th -- May 16, 2013
Quentin Blake's Hospital Art Illustrations on View at Gallery Exhibition
July 17, 2012
The Laing Art Gallery is currently hosting an exhibition called, "Quentin Blake: As Large As Life." Beloved illustrator Quentin Blake originally created these art pieces presented in the show for hospitals throughout Europe. The show will be open until October 14th.
In a past interview, Blake explained the thinking behind his work with hospitals: "I think the very presence of pictures helps to make being in, or visiting, a hospital a more normal, less alien experience. What I have tried to include is a certain amount of detail, some interesting activities, and some suggestions of the little drama of relationships, so that the viewers – especially any who have to wait – may feel the desire to go on looking and perhaps even to speculate about the stories happening in front of them."