- 27 Kidlit Creators Assemble for the "Turning the Page, New Stories for Newtown" Event
- This Week on Girls Scoutsí The Studio: Author Andrew Clements
- The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art Announces 2013 Carle Honors Honorees
- IBBY Announces the 2014 Hans Christian Andersen Award Jury and Nominees
- Kat Zhang to Pen Once We Were
John Green May Write His Next Book Entirely on a Treadmill Desk
July 30, 2012
YA author John Green may write his next title entirely on a treadmill desk. Inspired by his brother Hank (who he shares the "Vlog Brothers" YouTube channel with), Green purchased the exercise apparatus in an effort to increase his daily fitness activity.
"In which John responds to Hank's newfound fitness and buffitude by purchasing, and walking on, a treadmill desk. I've been writing on the treadmill desk for more than a week now, and I love it! So far today I've walked more than six miles, and I am walking while typing this." In the past, Green proved he has hands of steel by signing all 150,000 copies from the first printing of his bestseller, The Fault in Our Stars.